It’s time to consider what your business stands for and how it helps people. Everyone needs looking after now and wants to feel supported through this challenging set of circumstances. With more time spent online there was a 74% growth in average transaction volumes if you compare it to March 2019.
Shopping has definitely changed, and people want the safety and excitement of ordering online. ACI Worldwide have been interrogating the data and have discovered that products linked to being at home have done particularly well. Although bricks and mortar stores have totally stalled e-commerce is the way to go. Therefore, no matter what your service or product it’s time to revamp the website and put the user right at the heart of what you do for them.
One thing e-commerce sites don’t necessarily have at the top of the agenda is security. Phishing scams have escalated, and fraudulent attempted purchases have escalated. Therefore, putting security first is an excellent strategy. Talk to potential developers about their approach to cyber security. Managing this by updating security patches etc. is part and parcel of contemporary e-commerce.
The shift in customer behaviours will not change. Many people have discovered the convenience and have seen just how easy it is to purchase what they need when they need it. We are many months away from a vaccine so shopping habits will not change much until then anyway.
Does your current website fulfil the expectations of your customers? Is it designed to be attractive, with excellent functionality and to be used intuitively without stress?
Have you thought about the kind of information on your site? Is it written, produced and presented with your user in mind? Have you looked at issues from their perspective?
Does your website fully represent the kind of business you are and the type of business you would like to be, moving forward?
Do you have a good working relationship with web developers, designers and writers that can help you maintain your website and always keep it looking smart and up to date? After all there is very little point keeping a Christmas display in your shop window right the way through until July!
- Official Email Id
- Using an official email id gives more trust for customers and looks professional, like you really mean business.
- Choose a Dedicated Server
- Ensuring you use a Dedicated server with all latest technology improves the website’s security and performance. This prevents a penalty from search engines and also demonstrates care in your customers.
- Without SSL (https) Certificates
- No one can trust your website is secure if your website does not have an SSL certificate(https)
- Create a business profile in all important social media profiles
- Every business needs well customised business accounts in popular Social Media Websites. You will be surprised where people first find your business.
- Choosethe correct CMS (Technology)
- Using an user friendly Content Management System(CMS) saves your time and money and if you use WordPress, you don’t rely on a single person and that won’t compromise any aspect of your business.
- Choose a contemporary and engaging design or premium theme
- If you have a separate budget for design, you need to design each of your page’s layout, font, colour code, etc. before developing the website. There is help available for this process.
- If you do not have any budget for the design, you can buy the premium themes with many functionalities based on your industry needs. Please note that buying premium themes can save your time and money but they may not provide every single thing your business needs. So, do save some money for any customisation tasks. The important thing to note is that premium themes are beautifully designed and attractive for potential customers.
- Creating a Google Analytics and Google’s Search Console Access
- You must create Analytics account to track your website’s visitors. Also, you must create a Search Console account to connect your website with Google.
- Find an outstanding writer to blog for your website when you start
- It is a great way to guide your users by publishing blog posts regularly on your website. It’s excellent to force search engine bots to crawl your page regularly and increase your visibility. It also helps you answer long tail keywords easily.
- Use original and SEO optimised images
- Using original and SEO optimised images can increase the performance and the website’s visitors.Ask us why this matters.
- Contact Form Integration
- This will help you to grab all enquiries from your website. That way you don’t miss anything.
- Adding Google’s recaptcha
- To prevent spammers, which are a complete pain.
- Website Structure
- The website structure includes a site map. This will tell Google and other search engines about your website and they can assess it easilybecause it has been a well-structureddevelopment.
- Remove unwanted pages before going live
- Developers can create many pages during the development process. You must remove them before your website goes live. Unwanted pages always affect your SEO scores.
- Keyword Research
- You must do keyword research before creating content for your brand newwebsite.
- Create Original Contents
- Creating original and unique content will help your business improve. Write or create content that answers customer queries; create what they need to watch or read. Also, all search engines love fresh content and it does help your ranking.
- If you think that a website revamp, refresh, redesign or brand-new site would benefit your business in this extraordinary time then do please ask us how we can help. We have developed many new and affordable packages to help businesses change, innovate, update and get back on their feet. Contact us today and let’s talk website development.